When: Thursday, 9th March 2017, at 07:30
Where: The Lighting Industry Association, Stafford Park 7, Telford, TF3 3BQClick here to book now
Shropshire Constructing Excellence (SCE) is a business network focused on supporting the construction sector by sharing best practice, promoting modern methods of construction and providing a range of informative events on different industry issues.
SCE events provide an excellent opportunity to network with like-minded companies, explore innovative collaborative opportunities, exchange information and find out about new developments in Shropshire and beyond. Member companies often share their business experiences for the mutual benefit of the industry helping on a practical, personal and local level.
The Levy and how it works is the focus of Shropshire Constructing Excellence’s first event of 2017 on Thursday March 9. The breakfast event, which will also cover business support available to the sector including a newly-launched £2.5m grant pot to help businesses extend or renovate commercial premises, is being hosted by The Lighting Industry Association at its HQ in Telford.
Businesses will also be able to tour the new state-of-the-art LIA Laboratory – Europe’s largest independent test lab dedicated to lighting – at What Does the Apprenticeship Levy Mean for You? event which is free to SCE members.
- Welcome from LIA – Julie Humphreys
- Welcome from SCE – Gareth Emberton, Chairman
- National overview – FAQS on the levy and how it will work (Dan Leech)
- Local case study – Pave Aways and apprenticeships (Steve Taylor)
- Caroline Cattle, Project Manager of the new £2.5m grant scheme
- Example of new standards and higher level apprenticeships – (Corinne Brown)
- Q&A – Panel Quick Preview of next event – Gareth Emberton, Chairman
- 1:1 break outs – businesses can sit down with a training advisor to work out what they will pay for the levy and what they can spend it on
- Site tour of LIA
- Coffee & Pastries